Data mining Questions and answers. Data mining FAQ. Data mining is a process of extracting knowledge from large amounts of data.
In this Data Mining FAQ I tried to cover a few data mining interview questions answers.
1. What is Data Mining?
Extracting knowledge from large amount of data, in which process involves as:
- pattern evaluation
2. What are the different discipline of Data Mining fields?
Data Mining is a vast fields, Data Mining disciplines include many fields:
- Statistics: This fields enabled different formulae of computation for the analysis to be done on data.
- Machine Learning: which provide different tools which based on different logarithm
- Databases: This is actual repository , where mining is done.
- Information Retrieval
3. What kind of patterns can be mined/found by data mining techniques?
- Characterization and Discrimination
- Frequent patterns, Associations, and Correlations
- Classification and Prediction
- Cluster analysis
- Outlier analysis
- Evolution analysis
4. Give examples of “Characterization and Discrimination”
- Characteristics of customers who buy a certain kind of product
- Customers who buy product A vs customers who buy another product B
5. Give examples of “Frequent patterns, Associations, and Correlations”
- What kind of products do customers buy together?
- If customer buys product A, what’s the chance that he/she will buy product B as well
6. Give examples of each of the “Classification and Prediction”
- Classify the sales of various products into different classes
- Predict the sales of the product