How to check your Windows 32-bit or 64-bit OS architecture? How to know, which OS architecture (32-bits or 64-bits) installed on your desktop or laptop.
1. Overview of OS architecture in Window
Knowing OS architecture and Processor architecture is very much essential for you to install any software of your choice. If you want to install your software of 64-bit, then you need to know which OS installed on your desktop/laptop because if OS (operating software) is 64 bit then you have a choice else you don’t have any choice. It means if you have 32 bit OS then you have to install 32 bit only, 64-bit software will not support 32-bit of OS (Operating System).
You can ask yourself, why knowing the architecture of which bit is essential for you? In another word, how to check if Windows 32 or 64 bit? You can visit How to install MongoDB 4.4 64 bit on Linux 64 bit
2. Supported architecture table
- CPU Hardware: 32 bit, OS 32 bit, Software/process: 32 bit
- CPU Hardware: 64 bit, OS 32 bit, Software/process: 32 bit
- CPU Hardware: 64 bit, OS 64 bit, Software/process: 32 bit
- CPU Hardware: 64 bit, OS 64 bit, Software/process: 64 bit
3. Command to get OS Architecture on Window
You can get OS architecture in window by using following command. this command gives you output to know whether your os architecture window is 32-bit or 64-bit.
wmic os get osarchitecture
wmic os get osarchitecture C:\Users\Ranjeet>wmic os get osarchitecture OSArchitecture 64-bit C:\Users\Ranjeet>
3.2 set pro command
syntax of set pro command is as follows. you can type this command on your window terminal and you can get output.
C:\Users\Ranjeet>set pro PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=AMD64 PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=Intel64 Family 6 Model 165 Stepping 3, GenuineIntel PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6 PROCESSOR_REVISION=a503 ProgramData=C:\ProgramData ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files ProgramFiles(x86)=C:\Program Files (x86) ProgramW6432=C:\Program Files PROMPT=$P$G C:\Users\Ranjeet>
4. UI to get OS Architecture on Window
There are following ways in which you can get your information.
- Window Key + I –> select System –> and about
5. Video of this post: 64-bit or 32-bit OS of Window
Happy Learning of Operating System architecture to know 32 bit or 64 bit.