Data storage interview questions and answers. Frequently ask questions in the field of data storage and networking. You should know about your storage-related things and you can check your skills or prepare your data storage interview over here.
Que: What is Crash consistent?
Data is only partially written when the power is switched off will be only partially written. meaning that, when power goes off and only partially written state of data, when you come back and switched on you laptop/pc/server get only partially written.
Que: What are the type of storage media?
Different storage media are:
- HD (Hard Disk) or disk Storage
- SSD (Solid State Disk)
- Tape Storage
- Hybrid Disk ( HDD + SSD)
Que: Do you know about your first disk?
Yes, first disk name by IBM RAMAC 350 Disk developed by IBM in 1956 with storage capacity of 4 MB and its weight around 1 ton with 50 patters of size 24 inches. You can visit for more details: know about your first Hard disk
What is HDD and SSD ?
- HDD stand for Hard Disk Drive or HD (Hard Disk) or disk storage or simply disk.
- SSD: stand for Solid State Disk or you can say simply Solid state Storage
Que: What is magnetic tape?
Magnetic Tape is storage media which is used for backup storage for infrequent access data. The of cost of this is comparatively less than HDD or SSD.
Que: What are the different speed of disk?
15000 RPM ( 240 KM / hr)
is there any relation between disk speed (RPM) , capacity and performance?
Yes, you are right.
- Higher the RPM better performance. Speed and performance of disk are directly proportional to each other meaning that when one increases another will also increases.
- Higher the RPM (speed) lower the capacity, it means speed and capacity are inversely proportional to each other.
- Higher the RPM higher the cost: Performance comes with some cost so if you get higher RPM rate of disk you have to pay more.